Have you ever heard of Muhammad Ali? Do you want to know the success story of Muhammad Ali? Muhammad Ali is the only professional boxer to win a heavyweight championship three times. Check out Muhammad Ali’s success story through the following discussion.
Muhammad Ali’s Childhood
Muhammad Ali, or “Cassius Clay Jr” in the real name is the best boxer. He was born on 17 January 1942 in Louisville, Kentucky. Since entering the Black Muslim (a group supporting a separate black country), Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. changed its name to Cassius X. Then Elijah Muhammad, the Muslim leader, gave him Muhammad Ali as its name, meaning “Beloved of God.”
His father named, Cassius Marcellus Clay Sr, is a painter of signboards, who likes to play, to sing and to dance too. And his mother is Odessa Grady who works as a gardener while they are in economic difficulties.
Muhammad Ali Knows The Boxing World
When his twelve years old, Muhammad Ali started boxing. The story began when his motorcycle was stolen. He met a police officer named Joe Martin. It was the police that gave Muhammad Ali boxing lessons at a Local Youth Centre. The Policeman, Joe Martin was teaching Muhammad Ali Boxing and convincing him he’s a great boxer.
And then, Joe Martin hosted Muhammad Ali on a local TV program, “Champions of Tomorrow”. In the program, Ali showed his skill and proved that he is a talented boxer. Besides, Muhammad Ali learned boxing science from an African-American boxing trainer, Fred Stoner.
Many things Muhammad Ali learned, including how to move “gracefully” like a dancer in the boxing ring. Although in academic terms he is not too good, Muhammad Ali gave all his time to focusing on his boxing career and improving his ability to become a professional boxer.
You may want to read: Khabib Nurmagomedov Stories and Quotes
Muhammad Ali won a National Championship in Athletics Amateur Athletics (AAU) at age of adolescence and a Golden Glove Championship. He was eighteen years old and won the Gold Medal in the category Light Class during the 1960 Olympic Games held in Rome, Italy.
This incredible achievement culminated in him entering into contracts with a consortium of millionaires called the Louisville Sponsors Consortium. The biggest contract ever signed by a professional boxer in the history of boxing.
Muhammad Ali won many professional victories by using his boxing capabilities and expertise, combining speed and boxing power. Because of his prowess in boxing with every victory he won, Muhammad Ali was described as “float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee.” – floating like a butterfly, and stinging like a bee.
Muhammad Ali’s unique style brought him to the attention of the media as he moved towards the opportunity to fight for the world heavyweight championship. When he began writing poetry that predicted his victory in the battle to be faced, Muhammad Ali was known as “The Louisville Lip”.
Well, that’s a short story about Muhammad Ali’s success journey. Many things he went through and it is not easy. So, if you want to succeed, keep trying and don’t give up easily.
The following are Muhammad Ali quotes that can be used as motivation:
16 Muhammad Ali Quotes on Success
1. “A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.” ~ Muhammad Ali
2. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” ~ Muhammad Ali
3. “It’s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.” ~ Muhammad Ali
4. “If you lose a big fight, it will worry you all of your life. It will plague you – until you get your revenge.” ~ Muhammad Ali
5. “What keeps me going is goals.” ~ Muhammad Ali
6. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wears you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” ~ Muhammad Ali
7. “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” ~ Muhammad Ali
8. “The word ‘Islam’ means ‘peace.’ The word ‘Muslim’ means ‘one who surrenders to God.’ But the press makes us seem like haters.” ~ Muhammad Ali
9. “Don’t feel sorry for me.” ~ Muhammad Ali
10. “The only thing that matters is submitting to the will of God.” ~ Muhammad Ali
11. “I’m young; I’m handsome; I’m fast. I can’t possibly be beat.” ~ Muhammad Ali
12. “Don’t count the days; make the days count.” ~ Muhammad Ali
13. “It’s hard to be humble when you’re as great as I am.” ~ Muhammad Ali
14. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” ~ Muhammad Ali
15. “I don’t have to be what you want me to be.” ~ Muhammad Ali
16. “Allah’s the Arabic term for God. Stand up for God, fight for God, work for God and do the right thing, and go the right way, things will end up in your corner.” ~ Muhammad Ali