Kobe Bean Bryant, more popularly known as Kobe Bryant, was an American professional basketball player.
He was a very popular and talented professional basketball player who successfully delivered his beloved team, the Los Angeles Lakers, to NBA championship many times.
And here, we will give you his short biography.
Kobe Bryant was born on August 23, 1978, to Joe and Pam Bryant.
His father Joe was a professional basketball player who played for 16 seasons, 8 in the NBA and the other 8 in Italy, where Kobe Bryant went to school.
When the Bryant family returned to the U.S., Kobe played basketball at his high school, Lower Merion High School in Pennsylvania.
After he graduated from high school, Kobe Bryant opted not to go to college. Instead, he made himself eligible for NBA drafting.
He was chosen by the Charlotte Hornets with its 13th pick for the year 1996 draft.
His career in Hornets, however, didn’t last long. Not long after, he was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers.
Thus, he became the second-youngest player in the history of NBA when the 1996-1997 season started.
Kobe Bryant quickly proved his talent with the LA Lakers as in his second season with the team, the Lakers selected him to be among the team’s players for the NBA All-Star Game.
This selection made him the youngest All-Star player.
In the Lakers, Kobe Bryant had an uneasy relationship with another star player of the team, Shaquille O’Neal.
Although the relationship between the two was uneasy, under the guidance of Phil Jackson, the two stars helped the team to won NBA championships, three times in a row (2000, 2001, and 2002).
At that time, Kobe Bryant was 23 years old.
During his entire career, Kobe Bryant kept growing as a professional basketball player and received various awards and recognition along the way.
Kobe kept playing for the LA Lakers until 2015-2016, which was his 20th season. After that, he announced his retirement from the sport the loved so much.
Awards and Achievements
Kobe Bryant was an amazing basketball player. He received various awards during his 20-seasons career.
Among these awards are:
• 2008 NBA Most Valuable Player
• Two times NBA Finals MVP
• Four times NBA All-Star Game MVP
• He was a part of the U.S. national basketball team in 2008 and 2012 Olympic. The team won a gold medal
• And, of course, leading his beloved LA Lakers team to victory in NBA Finals on five different occasions (2000, 2001, 2002, 2009 and 2010)
Kobe Bryant was among nine people killed, which also include his 13-year-old daughter Gigi, in a helicopter accident on January 26, 2020.
The accident happened in the hills between Malibu and Calabasas.
Kobe and Gigi were on their way to a basketball tournament Gigi was scheduled to play. He died at the age of 41.
Ever since Kobe Bryant was a kid, Kobe loved basketball. He played for 20 seasons for the LA Lakers, winning various awards like the 2008 NBA MVP award, NBA Finals MVP, and many others.
He died aged 41, along with his daughter Gigi, in a helicopter accident when they were on their way to a tournament she was scheduled to play.
28 Kobe Bryant Inspirational Quotes on Success
1. “The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.” ~ Kobe Bryant
2. “Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts.” ~ Kobe Bryant
3. “I’m reflective only in the sense that I learn to move forward. I reflect with a purpose.” ~ Kobe Bryant
4. “The important thing is that your teammates have to know you’re pulling for them and you really want them to be successful.” ~ Kobe Bryant
5. “I like playing for the purple and gold. This is where I want to finish up.” ~ Kobe Bryant
6. “I focus on one thing and one thing only – that’s trying to win as many championships as I can.” ~ Kobe Bryant
7. “It’s different from being 21 and you think there’s endless amount of opportunities. At 33, the ending is much, much closer.” ~ Kobe Bryant
8. “I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.” ~ Kobe Bryant
9. “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.” ~ Kobe Bryant
10. “I’m not the most patient of people.” ~ Kobe Bryant
11. “I draw from the crowd a lot.” ~ Kobe Bryant
12. “I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.” ~ Kobe Bryant
13. “One thing you gotta know about me is I have absolutely no filter. I have no problem saying what the hell I think of someone.” ~ Kobe Bryant
14. “Sports are such a great teacher. I think of everything they’ve taught me: camaraderie, humility, how to resolve differences.” ~ Kobe Bryant
15. “I don’t think a coach becomes the right coach until he wins a championship.” ~ Kobe Bryant
16. “People just don’t understand how obsessed I am with winning.” ~ Kobe Bryant
17. “I’m extremely willful to win, and I respond to challenges. Scoring titles and stuff like that… it sounds, well, I don’t care how it sounds – to me, scoring comes easy. It’s not a challenge to me to win the scoring title, because I know I can.” ~ Kobe Bryant
18. “At the end of 2003, my game was complete. Shooting, defense, using the dribble, transition, midrange stuff was all there. Then it was about fine-tuning and trying to improve in each area.” ~ Kobe Bryant
19. “There’s been a lot of talk of me being a one-man show but that’s simply not the case. We win games when I score 40 points and we’ve won when I score 10.” ~ Kobe Bryant
20. “Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success.” ~ Kobe Bryant
21. “The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win.” ~ Kobe Bryant
22. “Pain doesn’t tell you when you ought to stop. Pain is the little voice in your head that tries to hold you back because it knows if you continue you will change.” ~ Kobe Bryant
23. “If you want to be great at something, there’s a choice you have to make. What I mean by that is, there are inherent sacrifices that come along with that. Family time, hanging out with friends, being a great friend, being a great son, nephew, whatever the case may be.” ~ Kobe Bryant
24. “We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.” ~ Kobe Bryant
25. “The most important thing is you must put everybody on notice that you’re here and you are for real.” ~ Kobe Bryant
26. “Trust me, setting things up right from the beginning will avoid a ton of tears and heartache…” ~ Kobe Bryant
27. “I create my own path. It was straight and narrow. I looked at it this way: you were either in my way, or out of it.” ~ Kobe Bryant
28. “We can always kind of be average and do what’s normal. I’m not in this to do what’s normal.” ~ Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant is still an ordinary person. As high as humans are, they will return to the Creator.
Take positive things to achieve success from the story above.
Keep making Allah SWT as the main guideline of life and your main inspiration.
It may be useful!