Who does not know Khabib Nurmagomedov? A martial arts fighter with very good fighting skills. His name skyrocketed after his match against Conor Mc Gregor on October 7, 2018.
After the fight, Khabib unexpectedly famous for this calm went berserk and jumped out of the octagon arena to attack the team from McGregor. What is the reason behind this story? Let’s find out in 20 facts about Khabib Nurmagomedov below.
You may want to read: Muhammad Ali Stories and Quotes
20 Facts About Khabib Nurmagomedov
1. His full name is Khabib Abdulmanapovich Nurmagomedov.
2. Nurmagomedov was born on September 20, 1988, he is now 31 years old.
3. He came from the Dagestan region. For information, Dagestan is one of the conflict-prone regions in Russia. The majority of the population is Muslim.
4. Nurmagomedov is a devout Muslim.
5. When Nurmagomedov was a child, he has trained Combat Dobro in Kyiv, Ukraine.
6. Nurmagomedov has two siblings, and he is the second child. He is the second child of three siblings. His brother’s name is Magomed and his sister’s name is Amina.
7. Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov, Khabib’s father is an Army athlete and veteran. His father also performed wrestling since he was young, even before performing sambo and judo in his military career. Now, Abdulmanap works as senior coach of the Dagestan Republic for a national combat team named Sambo, training several sambos and wrestling athletes in Makhachkala, Russia.
8. Almost all boys in Dagestan like to wrestle. Khabib has been practicing wrestling since the age of 8 years under the supervision of his father directly.
9. September 2008 is time for his first debut as professional MMA. 4 winnings he got a month after joining.
10. Nurmagomedov has signed at the end of 2011 a contract for six fights of UFC competition in the lightweight division.
11. Nurmagomedov was the first Russian and the first Muslim to win the UFC title.
12. He currently holds the longest unbeaten record in MMA, with 27 wins, and remains unbeaten in professional MMA.
13. Nurmagomedov went on a rampage after his match with McGregor because of McGregor’s racist attitude which called Khabib’s father a terrorist. McGregor also offered Khabib a bottle of whiskey, while Khabib was a Muslim who did not drink alcohol.
14. Nurmagomedov got married in June 2013. His wife’s name is Patimat.
15. He has a daughter born on June 1, 2015. He also has a son born on December 30, 2017.
16. Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn’t like to publicize his family in the public sphere, or social media. “My family, my own business,” Khabib said when interviewed by the media.
17. Khabib has the ability to master several languages, including Avar, Russian, English, Turkish and Arabic
18. Khabib Nurmagomedov has a characteristic by wearing papakha hats after competing and during introductions. The hat is part of the Dagestani Avar culture.
19. In 2016, he founded his own team, “Team Eagles MMA”, with Ziyavudin Magomedov.
20. He is a fan of Anzhi Makhachkala and Real Madrid soccer clubs and Russian national soccer teams.
By the way, from the story of Nurmagomedov and McGregor, we can learn to respect others more. Maintaining attitude and politeness is something that must always be owned by anyone.
Hopefully, the 20 facts related to Khabib Nurmagomedov above can satisfy your curiosity related to this mixed martial artist. If anyone has other facts related to Khabib, you may write it in the comments column.
The following is a list of Khabib Nurmagomedov quotes as inspiration:
15 Khabib Nurmagomedov Quotes
1. “I train, eat, sleep, and repeat.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
2. “Give me 30 minutes rest, little drink of water. Give me 30 minutes, and I can fight with anybody.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
3. “My style is not like anyone’s. I’m not a typical wrestler.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
4. “I don’t think I’m a bad guy from Dagestan. I think I’m a good guy from Dagestan. But for my opponents, for sure, I’m a bad guy because when I go to the cage every time, I smash my opponents.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
5. “I don’t know about politics so much. I’m a professional athlete.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
6. “I never fight for the money, but every person is different.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
7. “I don’t think about, ‘Oh, I’m finally getting my respect,’ because I don’t care about this.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
8. “Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah).” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
9. “I think about only me.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
10. “I know this is not my best side. You know this is not my best side, you know I am human being.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
11. “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
12. “I came to the UFC to fight with top-level fighters and become the undisputed, undefeated champion. This is my goal.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
13. “I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because the other guys talk too much, and… I understand the crazy power the UFC PR machine has.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
14. “I never have a problem with the weight cut. My number one enemy is injuries because I train so hard.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov
15. “Right now, I feel this hunger, i feel this motivation, this fire, and thats why I stay focused. I want to stay busy. I want to stay hungry. I want to stay focused, humble. This is the key.” ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov