Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best football players in the world. This Portuguese football player had played for several big clubs and helped his team achieved great titles.
Moreover, Ronaldo himself achieved prestigious trophy’s, such as 5 Ballon d’Or and UEFA Best Player. This talented player is not only good in the football field, but he is also good hearted and love helping people, especially children.
Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro was born in Madeira Island, Portugal, on February 5, 1985. His mother, Maria dos Santos da Aveiro, is a cook. Meanwhile, Jose Dinis Aveiro, Ronaldo’s father, was a part-time kitman of Andorinha team. It was an amateur team in which Ronaldo played in 1992-1995.
When he was 12, Ronaldo signed a contract with Sporting CP after joining a three-day trial. He got ₤1,500 fee from this football club. At 14, he decided to stop his education in order to focus more on football. Ronaldo’s career almost ended before it fully started when he was diagnosed with a heart at 15.
Because of this diagnosis, he had a heart surgery. Thankfully, Ronaldo fully recovered after this surgery. As a result, he could resume his football training several days later.
Ronaldo Professional Career
Ronaldo is very talented in football. Therefore, it is no wonder that many big clubs wanted to have him in their team. Here are football clubs which he ever played.
Ronaldo started his professional career with Sporting CP when he was 16. At first, he played in the youth team. Then, in 17, he made his first debut in Primeira Liga and showed great performance.
While playing in this league, a couple of big football clubs were interested to have him. But, Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United manager at that time, successfully acquiring him.
In 2003, Ronaldo started playing for Manchester United and got number 7 shirt. His first debut in Premier League was in that August. Moreover, he scored his first goal with MU in November.
While playing for this club, Ronaldo played excellently. He even helped MU won Premier League title and FIFA Club World Cup.
Aside from those achievements, Ronaldo received some awards. Some of them are FIFA World Player of the Year, UEFA Club Footballer of the Year, Ballon d’Or, and European Golden Shoe. Unfortunately, his career in Manchester United ended in 2009.
Ronaldo was transferred to Real Madrid with a fantastic transfer fee. In this club, he got number 9 shirt. He played for this club excellently and became the top scorer of the club.
Therefore, he received Ballon d’Or and capable of helping Real Madrid achieved La Liga championship. Unfortunately, his contract with this club ended in 2018.
In summer 2018, Ronaldo signed a contract with Juventus. The value of his transfer was about €100 million.
It was a fantastic amount for a player aged 33. His first title with Juventus is 2018 Supercoppa Italiana.
Besides, he also received Serie A Award for MVP.
When C. Ronaldo is not playing football, he spent his time with his four children and friends. Moreover, he made many contributions to society. He had donated some of his fortunes to help others, especially children who need help.
To know more about Ronaldo, here are the quotations from him you can refer to:
24 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes on Football and Success
1. “If you think you’re perfect already, then you never will be.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
2. “I am very happy to be signing for the best team in the world and especially proud to be the first Portuguese player to join United.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
3. “I was saluted by Alex Ferguson when I was subbed and that made me very happy.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
4. “I never promise anything. I don’t promise anything to my mum. I don’t promise anything to the supporters.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
5. “To me, being the best means proving it in different countries and championships.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
6. “Today there are opportunities that no one knows if they will come round again in the future.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
7. “I see football as an art and all players are artists. If you are a top artist, the last thing you would do is paint a picture somebody else has already painted.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
8. “I have my flaws too, but I am a professional who doesn’t like to miss or lose.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
9. “I still learn.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
10. “Dedication, hard work all the time, and belief.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
11. “I don’t like being alone.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
12. “When you have talent and if you don’t work the talent then you are not going to win nothing.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
13. “Why lie? I’m not going to be a hypocrite and say the opposite of what I think, like some others do.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
14. “I want to consistently play well and win titles. I’m only at the beginning.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
15. “Your love makes me strong, your hate makes me unstoppable.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
16. “I have two Golden Boot awards at home. It would be nice to win another, but I wouldn’t mind it if I didn’t.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
17. “To Be The Best You Need The Best.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
18. “I still learn, but I think it’s the best thing in life to have a kid.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
19. “Maybe they hate me because I’m too good.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
20. “One rule that will work if it is used everywhere, is that when you have a free-kick, the referee puts the mark on the floor to make sure the defenders keep their distance.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
21. “Dreams are not what you see in your sleep, dreams are things which do not let you sleep.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
22. “I’m living a dream I never want to wake up from.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
23. “I am not a perfectionist, but I like to feel that things are done well. More important than that, I feel an endless need to learn, to improve, to evolve, not only to please the coach and the fans, but also to feel satisfied with myself. It is my conviction that here are no limits to learning, and that it can never stop, no matter what our age.”
~ Cristiano Ronaldo
24. “I like to impose my own style of play.” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo
We can imitate the spirit of success from Ronaldo.
But in carrying out your activities, remain guided by the guidance of Allah SWT and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad SAW.